Monday, September 1, 2008

SEPT 1st 2008


Summer is over and as we start to settle in to the back to school routine, we are reminded that things are a little different. My girl will misss the first week of school. Daryl will have surgery on Sept 4th to remove exostosis in two areas. Please pray for steady surgeon hands and speedy healing. Daryl will also have surgery on Dec 18th in her other leg. We recently had a fundraiser garage sale at my work. Chilliwack Carpet One. We raised $802.00 for HME research at Vancouver childrends Hospital.

I have now started a group on facebook called PENNIES MAKE DOLLARS. We asking that friends and family save there pennys from now untill December 16th. We will present them to Vancouver Childrens Hosptial on December 18th when Daryl goes for her other surgery.

I choose to be proactive about HME. I want to raise money so that maybe my grandkids dont need to endure what my daughter does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Found your new blog!...will read it when I get a moment of pause (looks interesting).

-A

MY GIRL said...

He there,

HOw are you doing? I have to figure out how to be notified when someone leaves a comment on our blog. It was great seeing you last month. We will be back. Daryl has surgery on Dec 18th. Lets try to get together then. Im dying for you to see Daryls recent photos I have posted.